Guide: A Life Well Styled
As every style savvy girl knows, fashion never sleeps. There’s never a dull moment, especially when it involves strutting into society’s most elegant soirees. From Henley Regatta to Wimbledon, you need to execute a look that’s deserving of the event’s prestige and worthy of being captured on Instagram. So, where do you start?
As we all know, attending a major event deserves a totally new outfit. After glancing at your closet of already-worn clothes (blah), you crave the excitement of something else. Like the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked muffins, there’s something sublimely mouth-watering about scoping for a new outfit, right off the rack, and best of all, knowing it’s the season’s latest. Score!
Yet, on the downside, this can get exhausting for both you and your cash flow.
Here’s some must-follow tips to nail your look on a budget without curbing your great taste.
The Key to Multiple Piece Outfits
When customising your show-stopping looks, you sometimes need to collect multiple pieces to create the best outfit. Unfortunately, this task sends you on a frantic manhunt for perfectly matching items. For ladies on a budget, this can feel like a daunting mission. Save yourself the stress by settling on a few key staples that make up your Rolodex of dazzling options. So instead of scurrying around town to mix and match different pieces, you can simple whip up smart combinations in no time!
By keeping a stash of reliable and easy-to-match pieces, you’ll never have to be stuck panicking about creating an ensemble for your upcoming event. Once you’ve built your big black book of key fashion items, you can coordinate tons of hot numbers to sparkle the red carpet.
Classic and elegant, a cream blazer is a lovely re-wearable item that never goes out of style. Throw it over any outfit for effortless style.
A neutral clutch in a colour like beige or ivory is easily transitional for any ensemble. It naturally compliments any pattern and colour you choose… think of it as a safety option.
As the epitome of elegance, nude heels are always tasteful and easy to coordinate – win-win, ladies.
Gold Statement Necklace
A gold statement necklace adds instant glam to your outfit. Belonging to the earth tone family, it can be easily matched with all your dresses or gowns, taking you from chic fashionista to paparazzi-magnet.
10 Things to Keep in Mind When Building Your Ensemble
1. Animal print with care Animal print is a tricky business. While it can look incredibly high-fashion, some slinky pieces can seem too overkill—not sophisticated.
2. Large patterns make you look bulky Large patterns tend to widen your figure, so avoid them if your curvy and busty.
3. Ankle boots are for skinny ankles Although ankle boots are adorable, they tend to make wider calves look even more stumpy. Watch out.
4. Chunky heels with caution If you’re on the shorter side, chunky heels can create the illusion of extra mass for your legs.
5. Black is timeless Always be inspired by the allure of Coco Chanel and treat black like it’s the last shade on earth. It’s classic.
6. Never combine complementary colours Complementary colours such as blue and orange or purple and yellow should never go together—it clashes and shows blind taste.
7. Black, white and grey is chic You can never go wrong with combining non-colours because they match perfectly.
8. Brown and grey is a fashion violation Earth tones like brown look fashionably horrific with grey—don’t do it.
9. Pink and red is a fashion crime This wacky colour combo does not and will not ever go together.
10. Nude pumps are your savoir As the queen bee of stylish staples, always rely on nude pumps when in doubt. They’re like your night in shining armour when you need a fashion rescue.
What Matches Your Personal Style?
• Little black dress
• Sheer textures
• Black pumps
• Cream blouses
• Fringed pieces
• Funky statement earrings
• Asymmetrical skirts
• Fur vests Sexy
• Cut out dresses
• Thigh high boots
• Off-the-shoulder tops
• Leather mini skirts
• Funky headbands
• Wild leggings
• Hipster glasses
• Surprising handbags
Fashion Foreword Outfits for 2017
As shown elegantly on Burberry’s Winter runway this season, fabrics are taking a turn toward royalty with decorative metallics. Wear them with lace panty hose to complete this richly textured theme.
Lace, lace and more lace! Prepare to glitz up with this flirty yet feminine fabric for 2017. Look to Lizzie Cundy who sported a gorgeous lace dress in navy at this year’s Royal Ascot.
Brass buttons here we come—2017 will be seeing a lot of soldier-style looks. Kate Middleton showed off this trend with a beautiful nautical-themed ensemble for her sailing lesson at the Portsmouth dock.
Posing confidently at the London launch of The Estée Edit, Kendall Jenner sported a David Koma bodysuit with left shoulder straps and a printed skirt that flashed her thigh on one side.
Adding movement to an outfit, sheer ruffles create an elegant floating effect as brilliantly stated by Alexander McQueen during the Winter 206-2017 show.